I opened my private practice in 2017 helping clients experiencing a variety of emotions such as anxiety, stress, isolation and depression. Clients come to see me for a variety of reasons – maybe they have lost a loved one, their relationship has hit a rocky patch, work issues have got too much or life simply just gets too stressful.
I’m here so that you can reach out for help, whatever issues you are experiencing right now – and that’s what I do – I work with you to help you feel better about what’s going on in your life.
In addition to private practice, I have also worked as a counsellor since 2012 with two local charities, one offering counselling to the elderly, and people with limited mobility and the other for people diagnosed with cancer, their families and carers.
I studied at the University of Chichester, and graduated in 2013 with a Diploma in Humanistic Counselling.
I work in a confidential, non-judgemental and sensitive way.
Membership of Professional Institutions
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip in Humanistic Counselling, University of Chichester
- Certificate of Proficiency – the BACP accredited voluntary register
- Transactional Analysis TA 101
- Somatic Orientation and Treatment Training for Therapists – Prevention of re-traumatisation
- Creative Arts Approach to Life Story Work
- Certificate Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Certificate in Telephone and Online Counselling
Other Short Training Courses:
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Working with Disability
- Drum Therapy
- Shame and the Body
- Grief and Loss
- Working with Dementia
- Setting up an ethical private practice
- Erotic Transference and Counter-Transference in Counselling
- Dependency in Counselling
- Exploring LossWorking with Body Storylines
- The Expanding Toolkits
- Safeguarding within a Counselling Practice
- Sleep Disturbance
CIPD level 3 – Certificate in Personnel Practice
If you would like further information, or to discuss how I could help, please contact me, Marian Stapley:
- 07815 628911
‘My sessions with Marian have offered me valuable space to reflect on the challenges I have faced with serious illness, changes at work and caring for teenage children and elderly parents; her calm, wise questioning has allowed me to nurture the positive voice in my head, enabling me to answer my own questions and smooth the path I’m travelling on’. D
‘Marian offers a warm, professional service. I’d highly recommend anyone to give it a try, it’s fantastic for the soul’. C